My First One
LED CUBE - Arduino platform
Being confused about how to start with electronics, I landed to Arduino platform as suggested by one of my senior.
First of all, I studied about Arduino from various sources on Net. Then, I bought an Arduino with my 1st earning from tutions. Also got some wires, LEDs, solder iron and some other stuffs.
It was now to think about how to start with arduino. So being traditional, I started with "Hello world" of arduino i.e glowing an LED.
As I was just having LEDs so i started searching projects based on LEDs and arduino and then I decided to make an 4*4 LED cube as it seemed challenging and interesting.
I started the same day I got my Arduino. The most important and difficult part of this project was SOLDERING but as I had done soldering earlier while making robots,it was not difficult for me. I completed the soldering in about 6 hours as I had to keep checking that all anodes are connected with anodes and all cathodes are connected with cathodes only. Then it was time for adding resistors of proper values as high value can decrease the brightness and low values can damage the LEDs.
R=Vsupply-Vdrop_led/I
A multimeter is very helpulful at such time. After completing all the wiring, I had to connect it with Arduino Uno. Arduino Uno has total 14 digital and 6 analog pins and as I had 20 inputs for whole LED cube , so i used all the pins and connected it with Arduino.
Last step was to program the arduino. Programming is done in Arduino sketch which you can get on following link :
Here is the complete image of my project with a 9V power supply, Arduino Uno board and the LED Cube.



No comments:
Post a Comment